Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI MAX - Scan for Instruments from command line

I would like to use the report feature of NI MAX to automatically generate tester status report, including active devices and drivers installed on a tester.

For example: nimax.exe /REPORT:filename="d:\nimax_report.html";reportType="custom";silent="false"

Unfortunately this command does not trigger the Scan for Instruments command to collect the actual status information of different VISA devices.

So my question is, if there is a way to trigger this Scan for Instruments command from command line to really get an actual snapshot of connected devices?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,148 Views)

The problem here is not generating the report. I know there are many ways and I tried different. So unfortunately these articles do not help.

The real problem is how to update NI MAX internal database to generate an actual report. If I would do it manually,  I would simply push the scan for instruments button. But from command line or with help of API this is not possible. 

The closest solution I have found until now, is to use VISA API to search for instruments before generating the report. This updates VISA device entries, but unfortunately it erases all the device meta information.

The report then lists only Instrument 1, Instrument 2, ...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,766 Views)