Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI LabVIEW driver for SRS DS345 function generator produces error "(Hex 0xBFFF0011) Insufficient location information or the device or resource is not present in the system."

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

We have an SRS DS345 function generator.

I just downloaded the NI driver for the instrument from http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=E3B19B3E9149659CE034080020E748....

After installation, the DS345 shows up in MAX, and I can communicate fine with it.

However, if I run the srds345 Getting Started.vi, I get an error "(Hex 0xBFFF0011) Insufficient location information or the device or resource is not present in the system" originating in the sub-vi srds345 Initialize With Options.vi.

The only change I made is changing the GPIB address from 14 to 19, which is the GPIB address of our function generator. Also, the

SRS DS345 Function Generator functions palette is empty, even after restarting LabVIEW (see attachment). I am using LabVIEW 8.5.1.

Your help in resolving this issue is appreciated. Thank you.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,755 Views)
Solution
Accepted by pbuerki

Did you install the driver from within LabVIEW or copied it to inst.lib directly?

The first is easier and you don't have to restart LV anymore..

The error points into a non filled in gpib address. I did not check if this driver has a visa resource name or an old gpib address string but in the first case try the little triangular on the right to slect the address instead of filling it in by hand.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,752 Views)

Hi Albert,

Thanks for getting back to me. I installed the driver by running the executable. Not sure anymore whether LabVIEW was open or closed at that time. I may have typed in the new GPIB address. When I did it by clicking on the arrow and selecting it, it worked fine this morning. Thank you for your help.

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,745 Views)