Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-Device driver for NI-TNT4882TL asic, Windows XP

I have odered in june 2008 the NI-Device standard for Windows software. I received the release 1.5 CD.

My plan is to build a GPIB device running Windows XP and with the NI TNT4882-BQ (the talk-listen only asic, not controller).

My system is based on a PC104 hardware, and the TNT4882 asic is connected with the ISA bus at addresses 2C0-2DF, IRQ 5, no DMA (something very usual for the TNT4882 asic, and no conflict with any hardware in my system)

My problem is to connect the NI-Device sofware with the TNT4882 asic. I need a Windows driver, and I can't find it with the NI-device CD. The GPIB Driver Selection Utility provides an empty list. I have checked the nidevice.inf file (in C:\windows\inf), and this file does not takes into account ISA TNT4882 asic !, it only provides drivers for the PCI interfaces. I have tried to add new hardware from list, I can select NI GPIB devices, and there is no driver available, a message box asks me for a floppy disk or CDRom...

I also dispose of a NI GPIB-USB-HS interface, when I plug it, no driver is found, once again !

So I have tried to install the NI-488.2 software, release 2.6. This software is not able to install a Windows XP driver for my NI-TNT4882 asic. Moreover, when this NI-488.2 software is installed, the GPIB Driver Selection Utility of NI-Device crashes (the nice Microsoft Message...). So this is not the good way.

When I look at the release notes files provided with the NI-device, it is said that the TNT4882 asic is supported since release 1.2. What did I make wrong, or what do I have to do ?

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,032 Views)

Hello Jean-Pierre,

You are correct about the NI Device driver not working with anything but PCI type devices.  This is because the inf file only references these PCI interfaces.  From a knowledgebase that I have found, there is a new inf file that you can use that will allow NI Device to be used with your TNT4882 devices.  You can contact NI directly to get access to this resource (be sure to reference this thread and kb: 2WTEE22Y).

Thanks,

Steven T.

Message Edited by Steven T on 10-09-2008 05:23 PM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,007 Views)