From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9237 with NI 9945 using DAQ Assistant for Strain Gauge Showing Output with Vex value

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Labview. As per the subject, I am using NI 9237 with NI 9945 using DAQ Assistant for strain gauge showing output with Vex value. I am setting up a quarter bridge strain gauge. I already put in DAQ Assistant. As for the setup, I put in 3.3 as Vex value, for example. The output value is just +-0.0033. Even when I tried bending the strain gauge, the value does not show any changes. I am definitely out of ideas on what should I do next.

Please assist me. Thank you in advance.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,074 Views)

I would double-check the wiring connections and also check the resistance with a multimeter to ensure that there is no break in the strain gage.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 2 of 5
(1,048 Views)

Hi Santhosh,

Thank you for your reply. This has been quite sometimes but I haven't solve it yet. 

I now try with NI 9944. I have checked the circuit connection in NI 9944 and everything seems right (I referred to the NI guide). I have measured the voltage across the strain gauge and it's 1.6V. I double checked the strain gauge resistance and see if there is anything's wrong with it, but the strain gauge's still showing 120 ohm. Thus, i doubt that from NI 9944 to strain gauge connection has error here.

But i was wondering if there is anything's wrong with RJ-50 cable, will it cause output error like what I'm seeing now? I was actually able to get strain value about 3 months ago so this is really strange for me. 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(884 Views)

Hi Santhosh,

Thank you for your reply. This has been quite sometimes but I haven't solve it yet. 

I now try with NI 9944. I have checked the circuit connection in NI 9944 and everything seems right (I referred to the NI guide). I have measured the voltage across the strain gauge and it's 1.6V. I double checked the strain gauge resistance and see if there is anything's wrong with it, but the strain gauge's still showing 120 ohm. Thus, i doubt that from NI 9944 to strain gauge connection has error here.

But i was wondering if there is anything's wrong with RJ-50 cable, will it cause output error like what I'm seeing now? I was actually able to get strain value about 3 months ago so this is really strange for me.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(896 Views)

It is possible that the RJ-50 cable might be damaged, you could test out the RJ-50 cable using the Continuity test mode of a DMM.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(875 Views)