From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 488.2 compatibility with Agilent I/O library 14.2.

Our lab has recently been trying to configure Signal Express to communicate with a couple of Agilent instruments via an Agilent 82357A GPIB-USB Interface . 

This note is attached to an article titled:
How Do I See My Agilent 82357A GPIB-USB Interface in MAX/LabVIEW?

found at:  http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/F7C187DBF09EBE1186256F550065BD32?OpenDocument.

Note: This method only applies to Agilent/HP's IEEE488 interface cards. Although the Agilent I/O Libraries are required to use your device, version 14.1 is incompatible with NI-488.2. You should use Agilent I/O Libraries 14.0 or earlier if you plan to install NI-488.2 on the same system.
Is the same compatibility issue a concern with 14.2? 

Thank You,
Graham Thoman

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,870 Views)
Nearly,I meet the problem .I use the hardware as up too,and I use io libraty to comunicate with 4275a and other equipments,it shows ok.
but i can use labview to comunicate with the equipment,it fails.
I wonder:
Is the problem about my software of labview,for example,i must to option and configure something for the instrument?

who can help me ?thanks very much!!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,862 Views)
As the post you referenced mentions, the incompatibility is only a concern if you are installing NI-488.2 on the system, which would only be needed if you have both NI and Agilent GPIB interfaces in your computer.

To answer your more direct question, I believe that I/O Libraries 14.2 can be used in conjunction with NI-488.2.

-tuba
Message 3 of 4
(3,833 Views)

Hi zhshli8691@163.com,

See this discussion forum for responses to your question. Have a great day!

Regards,

Missy S.
Project Engineer
RoviSys
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,795 Views)