Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 488.2 & HP8560A Spectrum Analyzer

I think my SA is too old to work with the USB/GPIB adapter I just got.

Anyone have any luck here?

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(828 Views)

It comes with HP-IB, typically those work with GPIB adapters as well. What USB-GPIB adapter do you use?

Any reason you felt that it may not work or could not get it to work? of course, the instrument will not reply to IDN query.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(798 Views)

I'm using the GPIB-USB-HS+ Controller/Analyzer from NI.

Actually, through NI Max, I was able write and read some commands, even IDN query came back HP8560A.

Later, I installed LabView to use one of their drivers to access the SA but no luck there.

Strangely, after installing LabView, the NI Max looked different like it had be written over with something new due to the LabView install.  I couldn't locate the commands like I did earlier to send some simple commands to the scope (that actually worked).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(774 Views)

That is good, since you were able to communicate once, you will be able to do it again.

When you say after LV install things were messed up, what version did you upgrade to? order of installation? version of NI MAX?

Probably some GPIB settings were reset to some other value?

Please post some screenshots of what you observe.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(771 Views)