Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NGA 2000 ANALYSER

Hello Sir

i am Amr Awad associate Prof. Mansoura University

i am intended to purchase USB 6008 or 6009 (Data collection)

but i have some questions regarding the Card

it will work with NGA 2000 Analyser coupled with thermocouple to measure the temperature

the NGA instrument based on Voltage reading but what about the Temperature thermocouple is it able to detect the temperature directly from the thermocouple

Thanks, Amr

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,395 Views)

Hello Amr,
I'm not sure what your problem is.

First, it is possible to measure the Voltage of the Thermocouple directly with the USB 6008/6009 device, but it won't be very accurate.
Here is more Information about it: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P7qKSAS&l
If the accuuracy is no problem here is a guide how to use thermocouples with a DAQ-Device:
https://www.ni.com/getting-started/set-up-hardware/data-acquisition/thermocouples

To check, if it's possible to use your NGA 2000 instrument, we need more information about it.
Could you upload the manual or a data sheet of you NGA 2000 device?

Regards
Lucas

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,331 Views)

thank you for the reply 

here is the manual 

i am looking for a cheap and efficient interface to initiate data collection only 

the nga instrument is ir analyzer to detect a ratio between different gases like CO, CO2, NO, O2 

i believe the that the signal coming out the instrument is Voltage  

also, i have external thermocouple to measure the temperature during the analysis 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,292 Views)

@AmrAwad2 wrote:

thank you for the reply 

here is the manual 

i am looking for a cheap and efficient interface to initiate data collection only 

the nga instrument is ir analyzer to detect a ratio between different gases like CO, CO2, NO, O2 

i believe the that the signal coming out the instrument is Voltage  

also, i have external thermocouple to measure the temperature during the analysis 

Your question makes no sense.

NGA 2000 is a chassis. Empty it does nothing. It needs modules that plug in. Which module do you have?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,277 Views)