Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My "Visa Resource Name" controls cannot find my serial ports (COM1, COM2, etc.).

Up until today, I could pop up on the "Visa Resource Name" control and see ASRL1::INSTR or COM1.

COM1 works fine with HyperTerminal, so I know its free. How can I make LabVIEW see COM1?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,022 Views)

Installed another driver ? 

I had that problem after installing Hotsync for my palm... the driver graps the port on startup.

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,009 Views)
I installed NI Serial 1.8. I did not find my COM ports, but I was able to type in COM1 and it worked!

thx
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,006 Views)
Open MAX and look if you find your port there and have a look at the properties.
Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,004 Views)
It seems fine in MAX.

The pull-down ring still doesn't work for my Visa Resource Name control, but as long as I can type in COM1, it works. That's good enough for me.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,995 Views)
What version of LabVIEW and NI-VISA are you using? NI-VISA is the driver that takes care of finding the resources and adding them to the drop down list.

-Josh
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,989 Views)