Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My SW crushes Labview after finishing. Error

I have quite complicated system with 3631 supply unit, 34401 multimeter, 3499 switch unit, 1411 IMAQ card and 6527 DIO card. After initialisation and instruments self-test Labview crashes with message ‘error #3 in ‘mermory.cpp line 595’. Could you explain what is the problem?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,890 Views)
This could actually be one of a number of things, and it's difficult to tell just what's causing it. First of all, check what version of LabVIEW you have. I've heard of this happening with 6.0 and the problem was fixed in 6.0.2. There is a free update on the Web here.

The problems I have heard of causing this were all fixed with the 6.0.2 update. They could occur when receiving chart history data. Also, I have heard of some problems with ActiveX containers combined with the use of the Visible property in a Property Node. Make sure you are not making any ActiveX objects on your front panel visible/invisible with a property node.

But
most importantly, make sure you've not using 6.0.
J.R. Allen
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,890 Views)
Rustam,

Generically, it sounds like some operation in your application VI had an error and caused a memory management error of some sort within LabVIEW.

In order for us to provide a more specific or detailed answer, please reply with some additional information:

• What version of LabVIEW are you using? NI DAQ? NI-VISA? NI IMAQ?

• Are you using IVI drivers for the 3631, 34401, and 3499? If so what versions? And are you using Class Drivers or directly using the specific drivers? Did you download them from NI's website, or the manufacturer's?

• Which 3499 chassis are you using, A, B, or C? What switch modules do you have installed for the 3499?

• Have you turned on LabVIEW's Highlight Execution feature and run the VI? If so,
    what sub-VI is the one causing the crash? If not, please enable Highlight Execution and watch the block diagram to see which operation is causing the error.

• Could you send/attach your application VI?

Please post your answers here on DevExchange, or e-mail them to instrument.driver@ni.com.

Thanks,
Bankim Tejani
Instrument Driver Group
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,890 Views)
Thanks for support!
I have found an answer how to avoid this problem by myself.
I found that the problem was in 3499 Switch Unit drivers. I make my VI (using GPIB READ-WRITE function) instead previous drivers and now all works OK!
My OS is Win98,
LV - 6.01,
NI IMAQ - 2.51
NI DAQ - 6.81
I am 99% sure that it is some problem with 3499 drivers because my colleagues said that they have the same troubles.
Thanks a lot for your attention! Your forum is very useful instrument for young developers (like me). 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,890 Views)
Rustam,

You are correct that there was an issue with the ag3499x driver. Specifically, there was an issue with the LabVIEW wrapper. While the underlying driver implementation was correct (and working via IviSwtch), direct access through the LabVIEW wrapper caused crashes due to data type conflicts.

We have fixed the issue and have released an updated version of the driver on the Instrument Driver Network (http://www.ni.com/idnet/) website.

Please send feedback to instrument.driver@ni.com if you have any additional issues using the driver.

Thanks,
Bankim Tejani
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,890 Views)
Hi, masters, I have i close problem: we have a custom made ADC with custom made LV interface dll created with BCC compiler. When I changed the LV Application font to MS Sans Serif, for correct cyrillic letters, it became impossible even to start the TOP vi. Any vi containing dll runs OK. But even removing all these sub-vi(s) from the Top one doesn't allow to start the Top vi with the changed font. Who can help !?!? Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,890 Views)

Thanks a lot!

I have read your answers only now but anyway I am very appreciate for your time and attantion.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,422 Views)