From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple command in LabView via RS-232 by New focus 8753

Solved!
Go to solution

When I sent a command writing in a string at one time, a picomotor actuator was worked.  But when I wrote all commands in in one string, the actuator didn't work. The problem is about sending multiple command and controlling multiple picomotor actuator Simultaneously, how do I modify my LabView code that can send multiple commands to control one or more actuator?

P.S 

1.Commands are in manual(Page 67)

2.Serial setting: Baud rate=19200, data bits=8, parity=none, stop bits=1 ,and flow control=none.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,810 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author chengyou77

The easiest way might be to build arrays of commands you want to send and send them 1 by 1.  Here's an example..

Picomotor_actuator_Multi-commands.png

Or you build up one long string with the right termination character separating each command.  If they are commands you don't expect a response to, then one string is usually fine.  If there's a response then you probably want a short delay followed by a read of that response before proceeding to the next command.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,792 Views)

Thanks~ I can send multiple commands to control my one actuator at one time now. Is there any way that I can control multiple actuators one time? For example, there are three actuators connected to 8753,then how can I do to send commands and control three actuators simultaneously?     

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,779 Views)

You will need to read the documentation on how to address each controller, and then each motor.  Shouldn't be hard!

You will also want to read and look at the examples already posted here that pertain to similar New Focus motion controllers - https://forums.ni.com/t5/Motion-Control-and-Motor-Drives/using-model-8752-to-move-one-axis-picomotor...

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,774 Views)