Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mounting RMC 8356 Rack Mount Controller

Can I use the RMC8356 on a rack with a front-back rail distance of 25.25" (640mm)?

When try to compress the rack rails to this dimension, they fall apart.

Is there a minimum front-back rail distance for mounting the RMC835?  Where is that specified?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,079 Views)

There is an installation guide for the device. I know that there are no measurements but it does not look to be that complex. What do you mean by compressing the rack rails? There needs to be enough space so that there are at least 3 inch for adequate ventilation on the back of the device. 

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/377058a.pdf

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,042 Views)

I have read the "rail mounting" portion of the manual it does not address this question.

Regarding "compressing the rack rails": For the portion of the rail that mounts to the rack frame, each side is composed of two pieces that interlock and slide to shorten or lengthen to adjust with the distance between front and back rails.  By compressing, I mean sliding them toward their shortest position.  At this point the pieces are no longer interlock and fall apart.  It looks like the rails were not designed to accommodate front-back rail spacing of <26". 

Ventilation distance is not an issue, the PC is 20" deep (front to back).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,039 Views)