Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modbus over Ethernet/IP

Hello guys,

i am using LabView after quiet a long time and in addition i have to set up my own measurement setup.

I am thinking of using Wago 750-352 Fieldbus for couple of sensor measurements. I wish to implement http://www.wago.com/wagoweb/documentation/app_note/a2016/a201602e.pdf

The Document is pretty old. I found another document which does not mentions LabView at all.

Has any one used Modbus communication Wago Fieldbus coupler using LabView?

Please reply.

Regards,

MandarG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,937 Views)

Just to clarify, you are trying to do Modbus over TCP/IP, no Ethernet/IP.  Ethernet/IP is an industrial protocol, similar to Modbus, over a TCP/IP connection.

There are a few Modbus libraries floating around that you could probably just use, assuming you know which registers you need to read/write from/to.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,927 Views)

Hi,

For our devices I use ModBus serial and over TCP. We have a lot of dedicated ModBus commands. So the standard libs won't help.

I just made my own ModBus drivers for serial and TCP. 

This VI is just to show how the ModBus TCP communication is done. Maybe it can help you to build your VI's

Kees

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,919 Views)