From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modbus CRC16 generation question

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear guys

I have a problem in the edit the CRC16 code,i can't get the CRC16 checksum is same as the correct command list showing.pls help to have a look about my Vi,if have a bug or no attention point,thanks a lot.attached my vi,fyi.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,383 Views)

I want to send the string"01 03 00 00 00 08",then generate a CRC "0C 44",but the result is not my attention.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,379 Views)

Hi,

To start with your second post. The ModBus CRC of the command you give is not 0x0C44 but it is 0x440C

In you program you convert a string into a byte array. If you convert the slave address '01' as a string into a byte array you will get two bytes 0x30 and 0x31. The are ascii character and what you need is a single byte with the value of 0x01.

If change your VI.

Kees

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,367 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author xiaozhao

Dear Kees,

Thanks a lot.i got it.i use labview 13.0 version,i can't open you VI,but i have change my vi,now it can meet the result when swap the low 8bit and high 8bit,thanks a lot again.i'm misguided by the meter communication spec.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,359 Views)

To be complete. Here is the LV 2013 version.

Kees

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,318 Views)

(*bump*) I have attached your code with the incorporated byte swap for version 2018. Kees' version appended two zero-value bytes that made the Modbus CRC calculation invalid, and your approach seemed more straightforward.

Message 6 of 6
(5,474 Views)