From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing scaling box for "all" outputs

I setup MAX and scaled all my outputs and everything has been working fine for months.  Yesterday I added another fieldpoint module, set it up, and the program was running normally.  I stopped the program, changed my sample, started the program again...and suddenly my program was returning very weird (non-physical) data.  I traced it back to improper scaling (MAX was reporting correct raw values), but when I tried to fix the problem, I no longer have access to the settings box I used to do the initial scaling!  (see attached image)

I was able to workaround this problem by polling each channel individually (with a loss in latency now from polling the serial module an extra 5 times...) but I'm really curious as to how/why this occurred.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Randall

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,058 Views)

Hi Mechanical-Randall,

Have you tried removing your configuration in the Data Neighborhood and adding your devices again?  You can do this by right-clicking your FieldPoint 1000 and selecing Find Devices.  Let me know if the selection box appears after doing this.  Make sure to keep a backup copy of your *.iak file just in case you need to restore it.

| Zach J. | Systems Engineer, HIL and Test Cells | National Instruments |
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,033 Views)