From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mensaje: Error de instalación de dispositivo Datos no válidos.

I have installed a PCI-GPIB board in my PC but it's not properly detected by the system. The computer is a P4 1,7 MHz. 512 Mb RAM and Windows 2000 SP3. I'm using NI-488.2 2.0 release ans VISA 2.6.1. When trying to detect the PnP HW, this message is displayed (in spanish):"Error de instalación de dispositivo Datos no válidos" (translated: Error installing the device Data no valid). I have tried everything, installing first drivers and afterwards the board, updating motherboard drivers, updating Windows2000 SP, etc.
Please reply ASAP.

Thanks beforehand
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,377 Views)
Hola Mariano,

Esto parace un problema del hardware. UN par de pruebas que puedes hacer son:

- Instalar el nuevo driver NI-488.2 2.1

- Probar la tarjeta en otro sistema. Si nada de esto funciona debe ser el hardware.

DiegoF
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,377 Views)
Estimado Diego,
Gracias por tu mensaje. He comprobado la tarjeta en otro sistema (P4 2400MHz y 1 Gb RAM con Win XP) y la placa funcionaba correctamente.
El problema es que el sistema en el que he de instalar la placa ha de ser el que indiqué en el mensaje. No he probado a instalar la versión 2.1 de los drivers. Espero que funcione mejor. Ya te mantendré informado.

Mariano
Institut de Geomàtica.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,377 Views)
Solved,

The problem was the drivers of the PCI-GPIB card were in conflict with the grafic card drivers. In more detail this error message happens very often with a Gforce 2 MX card + Windows 2000 operating system (that was ours).
The solution is to reinstall the operating system but from an user session with administrator rights. Not reinstall from the CD because then you need to reinstall all the SW.

Greetings.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,377 Views)