Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max doesn't add cp2102 device

Solved!
Go to solution

Why would you reinstall LabVIEW? If you were to reinstall anything, I would start with the USB driver, then NI-VISA, and then MAX.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,485 Views)

Is the device's virtual COM port (VCP) showing up in Device Manager?  Can you communicate with it through an interface like HyperTerminal or PuTTY?

Honestly, it sounds like the driver's not installed.

If I remember right, the driver you download is just an installer for the driver.  There's a check-box in the downloaded installer to launch the VCP driver installer that isn't checked by default, so if you just next-next-next-finish through the installer the actual drivers probably aren't installed.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,479 Views)

Yes, I communicate with Hyperterminal very well, where do i find the driver for recognize the CP2102 in MAX?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,476 Views)

Is this link http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2914/lang/it ok for NI-VISA driver?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,471 Views)

If you're talking to it with HyperTerm/PuTTY, the VCP drivers are installed.  You're communicating with the device as a COM port.

Take that COM port and bring it into LabVIEW as a constant into the configure-serial-port.vi.  See the example I posted, but I don't see anything wrong with what you did either. 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,464 Views)

Ok, I resolve the problem, i installed the NI_VISA and the block diagramm works!!

Thanks to all

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,457 Views)