Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaX 5.5 + LabVIEW 2013 + Agilent 82357B Connection Manager 17

Hello...

Just installed LabVIEW 2013 (which installs MaX 5.5) and am trying to get an Agilent 82357B USB <--> GPIB interface recognized in MaX.

Agilent is now known as "Keysight".

Per one post, I go into the Keysight Connection Manager, Settings ---> Keysight 488 Options and set the checkbox labeled "Enable Keysight GPIB cards for 488 Programs."  Connection Manager gets busy doing "something" then seems happy.  I exit Keysight Connection Manager and bring up MaX 5.5.

MaX 5.5 doesn't "see" the Keysight interface.  Reading further, there is supposed to be an enable for the  NIVISATulip.dll in MaX.

I can't find it.

Connection Manager "sees" the 82357B.  MaX 5.5 does not.  But MaX 5.5 doesn't display the NIVISATulip.DLL "enable".

Is there some special enable to show that DLL?  Could someone walk me though or point me to a post on how to enable the interface?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,621 Views)
Did you actually install NI-VISA? It should be listed in MAX if you did. Tulip support is enabled by clicking on the VISA properties.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,616 Views)

Hello Dennis -

Just got back to the computer involved.

Looked in MaX.  MaX reports VISA 5.2 installed.  But there are no properties to edit.

I left-click on NI-VISA 5.2 and nothing happens.  I right-click, nothing happens.

Where is the Properties panel?

Mark

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,549 Views)

When you start up NI-MAX, in the left panel should be Data Neighborhood, Devices and Interfaces, Scales, Software, and Remote Systems.

Click on Software to expand it. You should see a listing for NI-VISA if it was installed.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,545 Views)
Please attach a screen shot of MAX with NI-VISA selected. Make sure you are logged on as an admin.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,541 Views)

Hello all,

I have a similar issue I have attached a screen shot of MAX with NI-VISA selected and Keysight.

Keysight 488 options are Enable.

I can comunicate via Keysight Interactive IO  and also NI  VISA interactive control, the only issue is that I cant work with is the instrument in Labview.

If you have any Ideea please let me know....I'm out of them..

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,378 Views)

I see you are using a 64-Bit Version of Labview. Tulip only works for the 32-Bit Version of Labview, at least in my case. If possible install the 32-Bit Labview and see if that resolves the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,371 Views)

I have reinstalled Labview the 32-bit version, no change
I have tried to manually install driver of 82357A with N- VISA Driver Wizard it worked like a charm, the MAX did see immediately the instrument, but no functionally could not communicate with any instrument only errors so I rolled back the driver. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,364 Views)

@Alex_TM wrote:

I have reinstalled Labview the 32-bit version, no change
I have tried to manually install driver of 82357A with N- VISA Driver Wizard it worked like a charm, the MAX did see immediately the instrument, but no functionally could not communicate with any instrument only errors so I rolled back the driver. 

I had LabVIEW 2013 32-bit, NI-MAX 5.4.1, NI-488.2 3.1.2, and Agilent IO Libraries Suite 16.3 working on a Windows 8.1 Professional with Agilent 82357A and 82357B.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,357 Views)