From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MITUTOYO DIGIMATIC INDICATOR RS232 COMMUNICATION

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to communicate With Mitutoyo Digimatic Indicator Model: 543-564E, using RS232 communication for that i am using standard Cable from Mitutoyo Model: 21EAA131.

i have tried with hyper terminal it is giving proper response to all commands. but when i am reading this device from NI MAX VISA it is giving error (Hex 0xBFFF001D) The specified Attribute is not defined or supported by the reference resource.

i have done all setting in MAX as given in the manual : Baud rate: 9600,Data bits: 07, Stop bits: 02, Parity: Even

please reply with the solution if anyone has used this combination with running code.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,532 Views)

Hi

2 possibilities:

1) Did you add a Cr or Lf in Max? Sometimes people forget this and sometimes the instrument needs it.

2) Hyperterminal is slow in sending out characters (and always adds CR and LF). I've solved communication problems a few times by sending strings in LabVIEW byte by byte instead of a full string.

But I never did this in MAX. I used the serial communications example for that.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,530 Views)

Thanks for your reply, can you please send me example code for this device that will resolve my problem, i have tried all possible combination with CR and LF.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,521 Views)

I don't know this specific device but you should try the Continuous Serial Write and Read.vi.

In my 32 bit LabVIEW 2017 version it can be found as:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2017\examples\Instrument IO\Serial\Continuous Serial Write and Read.vi

This vi although not perfect can help you communicate in the same way as the hyperterminal.

The only thing it does not is send a cmd byte by byte but that is easy to handle.

Use the attached subvi instead of the normal visa write:

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,508 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author anujsaini
Message 5 of 7
(5,504 Views)

i have tried with that example already, program is running with no error but data output is not received.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,492 Views)

Hi albert i have tried that example also, when i am writing command GA00\r to digimatic indicator it reply 15 byte data, CH01, Error 52, but instrument data not received. i have tried all combination of command but received same error.

Thanks..

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,490 Views)