From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX error 42HG08DD

Max runs extremely slow & eventually get the error message "Max database connection error knowledgebase articel 42HG08DD". There is no firewall present, I have tried re-installing MAX & Windows XP but could not get rid of this error (MAX ver 4.5.1). I have since found the problem is due to a GPIB card (PXI 8232) driver installed in a PXI-1033 chassis.

If I uninstall the 488 driver from Windows for this card MAX runs ok; as soon as I re-install the 488.2 driver the problem comes back. 

I cannot get rid of this problem and am therefore unable to use this card. I am guessing there is something wrong with the driver for this card; anyone know?

Message 1 of 13
(22,509 Views)

Dear Steve,

I hope you are doing fine. I have noticed no one has answered your problem. Can you please let me know if the problem still exists so that we can work towards solution.

Best regards,

Fawad Nisar
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(22,435 Views)
The problem is still there, I am unable to resolve this; can you help?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(22,433 Views)

I have a similar problem of MAX error 42HG08DD. My Windows XP system installed with a NI PCI-GPIB card and a NI PCI-MXI-2 for connecting to a VME-MXI-2 board in a VME Chassis. The NI software packages installed are

1. NI-488.2 2.7

2. NI-VXI 3.5.2

3. NI-VISA 4.5

4. LabWindows/CVI 9.0.1

5. Measurement Studio 8.6.1 for Visual Studio 2008

The MAX runs extremely slow and produces the error message as mentioned in Steve's message. This problem can be solved by removing the NI-488.2 driver from the Windows system, which has also been described by Steve's message.  I have found that the MAX can possibly be operated normally with the NI-488.2 driver installed if the VISA options for the GPIB interface and GPIB-VXI interface are de-selected in MAX (Tools -> NI-VISA -> VISA Options). However, with such settings, the VISA Interactive Control will not run.

It is quite certain that there is a problem/conflict among the MAX, NI-488.2, and NI-VISA. Please advise.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(22,221 Views)

I also tried removing the GPIB VISA options within MAX and this enabled MAX to start normally, but just starts locking up when trying to comunicate with the GPIB. I have since found that also my PXI NI SIG GEN will also lock up when trying to drive it.

The cause of this problem is down to a new type low profile NI MXI card 8361 version C which seems incompatable with the latest version of MAX. I have instead installed an older non low profile version B 8361 card and all problems are gone, system is perfect.

Maybe you have a similar new type Low profile card?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(22,146 Views)

Hi,

I am having similar problems with serial port interface. I have used the serial interface before but this time I cant see any COM ports. When I run Max I get the same error " MAX error 42HG08DD". Can some one please suggest wat to do to fix this problem !! Thank you .

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(21,087 Views)

I guess you will need to supply more detail of your system, but in my case the problem was caused by the NI MXI card 8361 version C card. This version has a design problem as I tried a few of them; the problem was cleared when NI replaced my 8361 MXI card with a newer version of this card (version D?).

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(21,058 Views)

Hi

I'm having the same problem with MAX, but even without hardware attached.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(19,439 Views)

Hello,

I just received a call from a customer who had the same error.

42HG08DD is the number of a KnowledgeBase, this one :

Why Do I Get a Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) Database Connection Error?

This issue has been solved by disabling Windows' firewall and clicking on "Tools -> Reset Configuration Data". The second procedure solves lot of MAX problems.

Regards,

Jérémy C.
NI France

Message 9 of 13
(19,033 Views)

Yes. That worked!

Message 10 of 13
(13,033 Views)