Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview and K2600 Series Driver

To whomever,

I am trying to write a labview script using the K2600 series driver for labview. The script is for producing an IV transfer curve (drain current vs gate voltage at a constant drain voltage) and IV output curve (drain current vs drain voltage at constant gate voltages) for an OFET. I have looked over the advance sweep example; however, I am having some issues and would like to get some clarification. Find attached my VI and a tsp that I am emulating into the script. My issue is how to incorporate the following Lua code using the driver triggers into the transfer_curve script:

-- overwrite some value setup in the configSweep() function
    -- no current measurements on gate, but measure voltage for use in printData()
    gatesmu.trigger.measure.v(gatesmu.nvbuffer1)

-- gate sources after drain sources the Vds bias
    gatesmu.trigger.source.stimulus = drainsmu.trigger.SOURCE_COMPLETE_EVENT_ID

-- measure drain current after each gate voltage is sourced
    drainsmu.trigger.measure.stimulus = gatesmu.trigger.SOURCE_COMPLETE_EVENT_ID

-- output on, run the sweep and then turn the output off.
    drainsmu.source.output = drainsmu.OUTPUT_ON
    gatesmu.source.output = gatesmu.OUTPUT_ON

-- start the gate first, so that is armed and can detect drain source complete event
    gatesmu.trigger.initiate()
    drainsmu.trigger.initiate()

waitcomplete()

drainsmu.source.output = drainsmu.OUTPUT_OFF
    gatesmu.source.output = gatesmu.OUTPUT_OFF

and how to incorporate the following codes into the output_curves script:

smu.trigger.source.limiti = smu.LIMIT_AUTO
smu.trigger.source.action = smu.ENABLE
smu.trigger.endsweep.action = smu.SOURCE_IDLE
smu.trigger.endsweep.action = smu.SOURCE_HOLD
smu.trigger.source.set()

I do realize that SMU needs to refer to a specific SMU; however, in this case I am just generalizing the code.

I emphasize that I am not trying to upload a tsp script, but rather use all driver capabilities to do the same routine with labview. I have initiated the sweep on the gate channel; however, I do not know how to proceed afterwards. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(4,345 Views)

all I can think of is to place a write command to the VISA with the exact string.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(4,336 Views)

Hi,

In the 2600 driver there's a VI to run scripts.

Check out this post.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/Keithley-2612A-How-to-operate-pulse-sweep-on...

Curt

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(4,317 Views)

as I emphasize above I am not interested in running any TSP script, but rather convert to labview.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(4,313 Views)

For the transfer I wrote the commands in. Please let me know if I can improve this code or something is wrong.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,301 Views)

Similar I wrote the commands directly to VISA for output. Can someone also check this script.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,298 Views)

I use the Keithley LabVIEW 2600 drivers a lot, but mainly with single SMUs (2601, 2611).  I do output and transfer curves with 2x single K2600 SMUs using BUS triggering.  When I have some time later this week I'll get a  K2636 which has 2 SMUs, and I will look at the issue of  triggering the second SMU based on the actions of the first SMU.  Someone here has also asked me too look at just this issue.  The trigger criteria is often tricky to setup correctly but I've done it before with the 2400s.

I'll keep you posted.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,264 Views)

my scripts should help you. the transfer works but I get an error -285 and output I am working on now. It would be great to get this stuff finalized sometime next week.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(4,261 Views)

please refer to these scripts. I believe the issue has to do with asserting a timer. This I cannot figure out how to use properly.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(4,236 Views)

any progress?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(4,178 Views)