Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW Visa Error -1073807305 Read in

Hello all,

I am trying to create a very simple LabVIEW Visa program which is simply supposed to get a response from my Magtrol DSP7000 controller using the command: "*IDN?\n". When running the program I get the following error:

Error Code: -1073807305

VISA Read in Visa Test with DSP.vi

Explanation:

Error -1073807305 occurred at an unidentified location

Possible reason(s):

VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF0037) Device reported an input protocol error during transfer.

I am very new to LabVIEW and creating these Visa programs. During my research I did see and try one suggestion of going Device Manager on my PC and going to Universal Serial Bus Controllers, choosing USB Root Hub, then the Power Management tab to turn off the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power," but the Power Management tab did not appear for me. 

Is there something else that I can try either in my program, computer, or the DSP7000 controller to fix this error?

Attached are pictures of the Front Panel, Block Diagram, and Explain Error.

Thank you in advance for any help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,106 Views)

If you send in the .vi file we can check better than from a jpg picture but you probably have an error with sending a \n.

If you really send a \n the instrument probably does not know what to do with the \.

If the string displaymode is set to \ mode display and you see a \n than it is a LineFeed

in the jpg below you can see the three possibilities.

2020-03-16 18_52_51-Untitled 1 Block Diagram _.jpg

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,089 Views)

I have attached the .vi file!

I have tried taking out the \n, but it still gives me the same error!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,083 Views)

Thanks

I changed the vi in LV2018 and saved it with a -1 at the end.

Good luck in trying.

greetings from the Netherlands
Message 4 of 5
(3,070 Views)

I realize this answer is a year too late, but use \r\n as the termination characters. Make sure you have right-clicked on the string constant and selected '\' Codes Display.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,411 Views)