Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kiethley 2182A Nanovoltmeter uV CH2 Reading

Hello,

First off I would like to say thanks for the people that were helping me out earlier about understand drivers and NI communication, means a lot that I have some guidance, I have definitely learned a lot.  I am off to another portion of my project. I need to perform voltage measuring at a 10 uV region using the 2182A's 2nd Channel. I made a little program (attached).

The program works wonders with a 1.5V AA battery as a test, but only in HIGHLIGHT EXECUTION mode. When I turn off highlight execution mode and run the same test, the last index of the previous buffer just gets repeated throughout the current buffer making all the current buffer readings the same. The buffer never gets reset and doesn't acquire new readings (when not in highlight execution).

Also when I try to detect a 10uV source using my 2400, it cant pick it up and I get random readings. How can I record small values with Ch2? The measurement capabilities state 10nV to 12V (Ch2), so there must be a way.

I am unsure if this is more of a Kiethley query or NI query, but I feel anyone in the community will be able to help me understand.

Thank you,

Danny

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,687 Views)

Also when I try to detect a 10uV source using my 2400, it cant pick it up and I get random readings. How can I record small values with Ch2? The measurement capabilities state 10nV to 12V (Ch2), so there must be a way.

Are you certain that you're performing the measurement in the narrowest range?

Regards,

Nathan S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,673 Views)