Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keysight DSO3034T Screen Shot

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am having trouble with the get screen command for a Keysight Oscilloscope (DSO3034T). Basically, the user specifies the output type of the data (BMP, 24-BMP or PNG), and the command returns image data in a 1-D array of U8. I am pretty lost as how to display this data afterwards. I don't have any experience working with BMP files, and I haven't found any helpful references online. I want to be able to display the image in LabVIEW, and save the image to a file, either as a BMP or PNG. Could anyone give me a hand?

Thanks very much!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,254 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jjuradotx

It is possible but are'nt you better off with displaying the measured data in a plot?

Use the following article if you don't have the vision toolkit

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019ZR4SAM&l=nl-NL

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,246 Views)

Hi Albert,

Thanks for the prompt response! I'll give it a go - I had not seen that article. If it works, I'll mark your response as the solution.

I am able to plot the measured data without a hitch, but I want to be able to sporadically capture screenshots of the scope's display to ensure all the settings are right. It's overkill for my specific application, but since I have never displayed images in LabVIEW before, I thought to make it more of a learning experience for me!

Best

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,239 Views)

succes, looks good.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,236 Views)

It is actually much easier than one might think! Just the documentation is a bit lame...

Use the Display Get Screen Bitmap.vi, clip the Val output to the correct size and save it as png (or bmp) with Write To Binary File.vi to disk. Headers are included by Keysight (Thanks!).

If you want the image back in LabVIEW get it with Read PNG File.vi

KeysightGetScreenShot.png

 Jannis

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,384 Views)