From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keysight 34465A - ivi troubles

This is because you disabled the ID query when initializing the driver and didn't specify one in MAX.

Capture.PNG

So, if you want the driver not to reset the device while initializing, you should set the third connector on the left side of the connector pane to false, but not the second one:

Capture2.PNG

Or else, if you really need the driver not to do ID query, you should specify one in MAX as follows:

Capture3.PNG

You can see the detail about how to write the driver setup string in the help of the initailize function.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 29
(4,294 Views)

I debugged the driver with the ID reponse string you provided but cannot reproducce the error you met.

Would you please use NI I/O trace to capture the trace log for the "Single Point Measurment " example VI in the case of ID query is enabled? This will help me a lot to see why ID query failed in your device.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 29
(4,259 Views)

Hi guys!

Becouse of your comments i tryed some things:

1.: I wrote "DriverSetup= Model:34465A" in the MAX, like yagliu poposed. I also set the ID Query False. -> Mesurement works. (Pics: "max_driversetup.png" and "ioTrace_goodmesurement.png")

@yangliu: The points you mentioned due to my VI where the "F" with "reset device" comment goes to the "ID Query" Input... I wanted to set the ID Query to false, but i wrongly let the old commend on the "F".

2.: The Picture "ioTrace_original.png" includes the following configuration: "ID Query" True, DriverSetup in the MAX is empty (like befor)

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 29
(4,241 Views)

3.: "DriverSetup= Model:34465A" is set in the MAX, ID Query False.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 29
(4,240 Views)

Now i did the following:

I connected my second 34465A and made a new logical name.

When i do a measurement with logic name "34465AMM5" DMM5 does the measurement. When i choose "34465AMM4" also DMM5 does the measurement.

When i shutdown DMM5, i get an error. (DMM not found)

I thought, by making the Hardware Assets in the Driver Session i can solve this?!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 29
(4,213 Views)

Hi pdengg,

So, does the example VI works currently when you set ID query to true and leave the DriverSetup in max to empty?

I didn't see any error in the attachment "ioTrace_original.png". It seem the "ioTrace_original.png" only include the log when you initialize your instrument. So if you are still unable to get the measurement result when ID query is set to true, could you run the example VI and capture a full trace log?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 29
(4,206 Views)

You get an error because both logical names are now using driver session ag3446x and in this driver session, you selected the DMM5 as the hardware.

If you want one logical name points to the DMM5 hardware while the other points to the DMM4, then you need to create a new driver session and choose a different hardware.

34465AMM4 (logical name) -> ag3446x (driver session) -> DMM4

34465AMM5 (logical name) -> ag3446x new (driver session) -> DMM5

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 29
(4,199 Views)

The VI does not work when i set ID query to False. Either DriverSetup is empty or not.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 29
(4,193 Views)

Hi pdengg,

I found an issue in the driver, if any of the option is not installed, then the driver will report an error.

I've made some fix to the driver, so would you please try to use the dll in the attachment to replace the one you installed in <IVI_ROOT>/BIN/ and see if it now works

If you are using a 32-bit windows, the default location will be C:\Program Files (x86)\IVI Foundation\IVI\Bin

If 64-bit, the default location will be C:\Program Files\IVI Foundation\IVI\Bin

Sorry about the inconvenience

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 29
(4,171 Views)

I replaced the ddl, but got the same error.

(The other problem with the Driver Session of the two DMMs is solved, thx!)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 29
(4,154 Views)