From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keysight 34460 with 34401 driver

Hi,

I have a new project coming up and would like to know if the old Agilent 34401 driver will work with the newer Keysight 34460 meter. I would like to get away without making any changes to my existing Dll that I made with the older driver. Has any one used the 34401 driver with the new 34460?

Thanks,

Curt

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,031 Views)

I have no experience but there is no reply so I posted.

Vendor doesn't guarantee because the product is not listed in supported device list.

Agilent 34401 Meter

It guess it would work well but no confidence.

Certified LabVIEW Developer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,973 Views)

My advice would be to just try it.  According to the 34401 product page, the exact replacement would be the 34461 (same family as your 34460).  It also states that both use the standard SCPI commands.  So it should work.  My only real concern would be if your driver checks the device type at initialization.  You will likely get an error if that is the case.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,956 Views)

There might be one basic problem: If you are using  an ID check for the used device in your code this will fail

because the 34460 will not return one of the expected values for an IDN? query response ( unless the 34460 firmware has an option to fake its ID string) .

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,897 Views)