From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keysight 33522B, 2000 Series Keysight Scope Self Test Failure

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Everyone,

I am working on Scope, Waveform Generator, and Amplifier. I am using DLL which is provided by Manufacturer.

My problem is in Self Test and All of my devices have the same problem. While self-test working, the device returns false request but ı see on the screen the self-test continue and it pass after 5-10 second.

How can ı do solve my problem? It looks like a timeout problem I think. I know VI_ATTR_TMO_VALUE attribute is about timeout attribute. But ı couldn't find Attribute ID.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,773 Views)

Seeing how this instrument does accept SCPI commands, try to send the following:

*OPC?\n

To verify that the system is not currently waiting on any other commands.  It should respond with a "1" then send the

*TST?\n
Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,754 Views)

@Minions wrote:

Seeing how this instrument does accept SCPI commands, try to send the following:

*OPC?\n

To verify that the system is not currently waiting on any other commands.  It should respond with a "1" then send the

*TST?\n

When .ı send command on NI MAX, *OPC?\n returns 1, and *TST?\n returns 0. Everthing is normal. I am working  on TestStand. Self Test function returns respond before the finish self test function.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,735 Views)

I saw a note in code. That is  "* Please set VI_ATTR_TMO_VALUE to 30000 ms or greater." How can ı change  VI_ATTR_TMO_VALUE attribute.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,731 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author standalone

I solved this problem. 

viSetAttribute (io, VI_ATTR_TMO_VALUE, 30000);

I added this code to my device source code.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,730 Views)