Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keithley 3706 communication with 3730 ST card

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm currently using 3706 multimeter with 3730 ST switch card in slot 1. I have connected the multimeter and my desktop through VISA. At the same time i used the keithley driver.

Under the examples, I'm able to do measurements for 'simple measurements' example, however for the 'switching slots' example, i encountered error showing 'Error -1074003951 occurred at an unidentified location' and the possible reason reads ' Keithley 37xx Initialize
The ID Query failed.  This may mean that you selected the wrong instrument or your instrument did not respond.  You may also be using a model that is not officially supported by this driver.  If you are sure that you have selected the correct instrument and it is responding, try disabling the ID Query.'

I would like to ask if there are any reasons for the error such as the wrong placing of the switch panel 3730-ST into the wrong slot or other communication error? Hope someone could clarify my problem. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(5,369 Views)

That example is not meant to be used with real cards. It works fine when no cards are in the system.

Ed

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(5,355 Views)

I see. In that case is there any examples that are catered with cards installed into the slot?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(5,347 Views)

What exactly are you trying to do? Are you just trying to close channels, or are you trying to close channels and take a meaurement? It's kinda hard to tell what you want to do with the matrix cards because they are so flexible!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(5,339 Views)

Here is an example that may help you close channels.

Message 5 of 14
(5,336 Views)

Hi, I'm trying to use multiple channels to measure the voltage level of different test probes and save it into the computer which i guess is the buffer?  

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(5,333 Views)

Say for instance, you hook 6 DUTs (Device Under Test) to colums 1 to colums 6 with the intent to measure the voltage across the high and low terminals: Use the included Simple Measure.vi and you just need to loop through your channels and store the data in a LabView array, no need to use buffers.

Message 7 of 14
(5,329 Views)

Hi, thanks alot for the VIs. It's really useful.

However, I do not know why I'm getting overflow error when I try to measure the 2-wire ohm measurements. I'm quite sure it is due to connections on the 3730 ST card but i tried testingdifferent methods of connection but to no avail. Is there any way you can teach me the connections on the ST card; say to measure a resistor using the 2-wire or 4-wire function.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(5,316 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author khiam

I unfortunately do not have the bandwidth to help debug this problem. I recommend you post the problem on our forum, and one of our application engineers can qucikly assist you.

http://forum.keithley.com/phpBB3/index.php

Ed

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(5,302 Views)

Hi, thanks for the link. Everything is working now:)

Then again, if i wanted to measure 6 DUTs and get all the readings together. How can I do it?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(5,285 Views)