Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keithley 2400 LabView Error -1073807346

I am trying to take a resistance measurement from my Keithley 2400 Instrument and import that data to LabView 2013 SP1. I am running the Keithley example LabView program Read Single (attached). I keep getting the error "VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF000E) The given session or object reference is invalid." This error pops up after the time out (10000 ms). I established communication with the instrument in NI Max and sent an IDN command which returned with no errors. I downloaded the proper drivers for Keithley instruments and installed the latest version of NI VISA and LabView 2013. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Full error: 

Error -1073807346 occurred at VISA Write in Keithley 24XX.lvlib:Error Query.vi->Keithley 24XX.lvlib:Configure Measurement.vi->Keithley 24XX Read Single.vi

Possible reason(s):

"VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF000E) The given session or object reference is invalid."

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(7,175 Views)

The vi that you attached had no visa resource selected,

maybe because this is not your actual frontpanel, or you had the wrong visa resource.

Can you specify what you selected in the visa resource name

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(7,156 Views)

I specified "COM3" in the VISA Resource Name drop down box. LabView is detecting that there is something connected to the USB port, but I have not been able to communicate with the actual Keithley 2400.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(7,119 Views)

Did you select com3 or typed it in yourself?

A serial connection is OK but is the usb to serial recognized by MAX?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(7,113 Views)

I selected COM3, I did not type it. MAX recognizes the serial to USB (it shows up under Devices and Interfaces). I think that the problem is that MAX recognizes that there is a serial to USB hooked up but I can't communicate with the machine. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(7,111 Views)

The "machine" being the Keithley 2400 SourceMeter.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(7,110 Views)

Could be an end character problem,

share your code or test code an I look into the problem.

anyway f max communicates it should also work in lv.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(7,097 Views)

Hi I am also getting the same error in Lab View when I try to use the read singles example for the case of my Keithley 2410 SMU.

The screenshot is attached. Please let me know if any more information is required.

Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 2.57.41 PM.png

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(6,581 Views)

I am having the same problem with Keithley 2450. Just wondering how you guys solve this issue?

Any help is appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(6,019 Views)

In my case..eventually it turned out that the GPIB I was using was not compatible with the Kiethley SMU. I had been using a Prologix GPIB. As soon as I switched to a NI GPIB, it worked for me.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(6,015 Views)