From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keithley 2000 multiple channel read

I am trying to read multiple channels from the Keithley 2000 and I am having trouble resolving the error with the service request in the data read mutlple.vi. I am getting this error "A timeout occurred while waiting for a service request from the instrument". If I use the data read single.vi the program works just fine. I am not sure why the data read multiple does not work.

I have a GPIB to USB connection

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,149 Views)

You cannot get that code using a GPIB interface.  You have a serial interface.  Lets see some MAX screenshots showing the Keithley connection

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,121 Views)

I am using a KUSB-488B to talk to the Keithley 2000. I can run the test vi and so I know I can communicate with it and I can run the read single.vi, I am having a problem running the read multiple.vi.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,115 Views)

At the risk of repeating myself.

That error can only be thrown if the interface type  is "Serial" (unless you edited the driver at which point you need to get a fresh copy)

You MAY have a KUSB but you are not using it or, the interface type would be "GPIB" and you could not get that error.

No lets see some MAX screen shots and while you are at it did you follow the correct process to install the KUSB driver to work with NI VISA?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,110 Views)