Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keithley 192 data acquisition, NDCV ??

Hi to everyone,

I use to get data from a keithley 2000 with a LabView VI. A have change this keythley for a keythley 192 DMM. It seems that it woks using the same VI, but instead of having the number that displays the keithley 192, e.g. 2E-3 I obtain this value but with a NDCV(normalized DC votlage) before. A value that the chart cannot represent.

Any idea?

Thanks in advanced

Lander

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,651 Views)

@lrojo wrote:

Hi to everyone,

I use to get data from a keithley 2000 with a LabView VI. A have change this keythley for a keythley 192 DMM. It seems that it woks using the same VI, but instead of having the number that displays the keithley 192, e.g. 2E-3 I obtain this value but with a NDCV(normalized DC votlage) before. A value that the chart cannot represent.

Any idea?

Thanks in advanced

Lander

It would make sense to read the manual, no?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,642 Views)

Really? Is that your answer?

Do you think that if I hadn´t try to solve it reading the manual (its always the first option) would I had written here?

I think that the problem is related with the way this keythley communicates with the computer thrpugh de GPIB. A way that it may be different to newer version of keythleys multimeters. So I do not think that a 15 years old manual will solve a problem that may appear some years after because the communication of the keythleys is different. It would be like magic. 

but thank you any way for you attention.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,635 Views)

I think your basic mistake is in using an unrelated instrument driver. There is no correleation between the commands supported by the 192 and the 2000. Looking at the manuals for both would confirm that. I actually find it very hard to believe you can read/write anything to the 192 with a 2000 driver.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,628 Views)

Hi,

thanks four your answer. Well I am using VISA modules for comunicate keithley and PC. I havent said that.

Yes, it may seem strange, but I get the value that is reading the keithley, but with a NDCV before.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,625 Views)

@lrojo wrote:

Hi,

thanks four your answer. Well I am using VISA modules for comunicate keithley and PC. I havent said that.

Yes, it may seem strange, but I get the value that is reading the keithley, but with a NDCV before.

It is not a Keithley problem.

But you are too smart then the rest of us so you stubbornly insist on using a different driver and then blaming the problem on Keithley.

Now *that* is logic.

Perhaps you can use that particular VI if the command within it is recognized by the 192. The manual would tell whether this is true or not, but you claim that you have read the manual.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,619 Views)

But surely you aren't using the same command for both the 2000 and 192. Whether you use VISA or not is irrelevant. Is that what you meant by using the same VI? Have you looked at the unsupported 192 driver to see how it is programmed? You may simply need a different command to return data in a different format. The existing driver does not appear to parse out any NDCV string. This is the sort of information that is in the manual.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,618 Views)

OK thanks. I will try it with another drive.

I was wondering if it was posible to use it with the old driver, because I did not receive any error, and it seem just a mote little problem that it really is.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,610 Views)

Nobody was blaiming nothing. I was making just a question. I think that you are the smart one.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,609 Views)

@lrojo wrote:

Nobody was blaiming nothing. I was making just a question. I think that you are the smart one.

Blaming "nothing". HUH???

I asked whether you had verified what you were doing with what was contained in the manual.

You replied flippantly that you had.

I don't know what to believe, because what you write does not make any sense.

If you didn't want to be bothered with reading the manual, then say so.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,600 Views)