From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keithely 6517B Electrometer an RS-233 framing error

I am using labview for a Keithely 6517B Electrometer. I have LabView 2010 and am using RS-232. When I run the VI I get a "an error on the Keithley, ERROR :800 and 1073807339 in LabVIEW program I search about this error due to an RS-233 framing error. Can you help? Please see attached file, my program

Thanks.

FarmalawiHeart

Abdallah Farmalawi
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,315 Views)

Hi

You did not us the driver for the 6517A that is available for LabVIEW on the Keithley site. And you did not send the LLB in which you have saved several subroutines. Especially the initialize vi seems interesting.

In general it is not a good idea to have your program scattered with strings for the specific instrument.

Try to look at the driver from keithley and  maybe you find out the initialisation.

Are you sure that the baudrate settings on the Keithley site are exactly the same as in your initilize.vi?

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,314 Views)

Hi

You did not us the driver for the 6517A that is available for LabVIEW on the Keithley site. And you did not send the LLB in which you have saved several subroutines. Especially the initialize vi seems interesting.

In general it is not a good idea to have your program scattered with strings for the specific instrument.

Try to look at the driver from keithley and  maybe you find out the initialisation.

Are you sure that the baudrate settings on the Keithley site are exactly the same as in your initilize.vi?

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,314 Views)