From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ivi*_init() returns -1074135023 (BFFA0011)

Dear all,

I am new to instrument control and new to this forum. Please apologize if my question sounds stupid, but I have already spent several hours searching for a solution of my problem.

I have some old instruments with GPIB and two new ones USB/LAN interfaces that I woule like to control by a C program using the IVI-C class drivers. I have installed the drivers and set up the instruments in NI MAX. As far as I can tell up to now, for the GPIB connected devices everything works well.

However, when I call the IviFgen_init() and IviSpecAn_init() functions for my Siglent SDG2082X and SSA3021X that are connected either to the LAN or a USB port of my PC, they I get the return code -1074135023 (BFFA0011). According to the documentation this means "function or method not supported". Now I wonder to which function this refers. As far as I know, these init functions are always supported.

I suppose that the error is in front of the keyboard 🙂 Does anybody have an idea what goes wrong and where I have to look?

Thank you very much for your help!

Kind regards,

Ralf

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,935 Views)