Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is PXI 8214 suitable for Blu ray drives?

Hi All,

I am looking for a suitable SCSI to drive DVD/Blu ray drives. I find one from National Instruments website is NI PXI-8214. But it specification shows Boot support for SCSI hard drive and CD-ROM. I am wonder can I use it for DVD/Blu ray drive? If not would you please advice me any SCSI which can support DVD/Blu ray drives?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,216 Views)

I am only aware of Blu-ray drives that are run off SATA. I have not yet found any Blu-ray drives that can run off of a SCSI connection. Maybe if you provide an overall goal of the project, we could offer a potential work-around.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,188 Views)

Thanks Eric.

I don't know whether SATA/ATA/IDE have the similar working function as SCSI. Please inform me if there have any can do alternate functionality (connection multiple device with single computer) of SCSI.

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,175 Views)

You can connect multiple SCSI devices over SCSI to a computer. Or you could connect multiple SATA devices over SATA to a computer. It depends on your motherbord. If you're trying to use SCSI to play Blu-rays, it won't work. SCSI and SATA are completely different. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,162 Views)