From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instrument I/O Assistant isn't in palette

Hello, I installed Instrument I/O Assistant but when I go to palette to use it doesn't in palette. I searched in all computer but I can't find it, although it appers installed in NI package manager. I'm using the last version of LabVIEW.

I read constantly about the device driver CD. I don't understand this, I didn't find in NI package manager, is the Instrument I/O Assistant be installed from CD or only works using CD?

When I read CD I think in a CD, like a DVD. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,136 Views)

I've never used I/O Assistant, but here's some suggestions.

The reference to the CD/DVD is from when LabVIEW came on several disks and one disk was all for drivers (NI_VISA, etc..)  now its all done through NIPM.

What version(s) of LabVIEW do you have installed and what version of I/O assistant did you install?  Have you rebooted the system?  It might not take effect until you restart all NI software.

From the link it should appear in your pallet.

https://www.ni.com/en-ca/support/documentation/supplemental/12/instrument-i-o-assistant-explained.ht...

Make sure you have the Block Diagram open, then look for the Instrument I/O heading.  You won't see it from the Front Panel pallet!

Hope that helps.

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,097 Views)

Thank you!

Finally, I understand what happens. I have tried with LabVIEW 2019 and works at the first time, it is in the palette. I was working with the last version of LabVIEW 2021 spring. I thing that it is a bug. 

Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,083 Views)

Hi, I did the same thing that artodetodo did.   

I can't find the instrument assistant VI.

Can anyone at NI tell us how we can configure what we downloaded and installed to work in Labview?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(797 Views)