Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing NI-VISA and NI-488.2 on Mac

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi  - I'm having a similar issue and would greatly appreciate any assistance. I'm trying to install NI-488.2 driver on a Mac to use GPIB-USB-HS to control an instrument with Matlab. But thus far, I'm unable to successfully use the driver. Here are further details:

• MacBook Air - 10.14.1 OS
  • NI-488.2 version 19.5 for macOS
  • Hardware to be used with GPIB-USB-HS

The installation completes successfully with no error messages. It creates a directory under Applications called, National Instruments. However, running Application -> NI-488.2 -> GPIB Explorer, I get an error message popup that says: "The attempted operation failed." If I run, Application -> NI-488.2 -> Troubleshooting Wizard, I get an error message popup that says: "The Ni-488.2 software is not correctly installed on your system. Please follow these steps: 1. Restart your system. 2. Reinstall the NI-488.2 Software. 3. Run the Troubleshooting Wizard again." I have tried to do this a couple of times, with no luck. I end up with the same error message and the status shows failure at "Ni-488.2 Software Presence Verified" step.

Has anyone been able to successfully use GPIB-USB-HS with Mac OS 10.14?

If yes, could you please kindly mentioned the driver version used? And if any special steps were taken to install the driver? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 21
(374 Views)