From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installed IVI Driver for Rigol DSA1030 RFSA, Still Not Working

Solved!
Go to solution

So I followed many links in the forums and have gotten this far but now I'm stuck.  I have an Rigol DSA1030 Spec An and I need to be able to Connect to it with LabVIEW so I can automate an RF Calibration Routine.  The problem is when I run any of the VI's I keep getting the ERROR

IviSpecAn Initialize With Options.vi<ERR>
Primary Error: (Hex 0xBFFA0011) Function or method not supported.

So let me start off by saying I followed the directions at:
https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000000x2fECAQ&l=en-US

I think I have the driver installed correctly, just today the Logical Name I gave to the IVI Driver appeared in the IVI Input allowing my VI's to even run. I can also say that in NiMAX the DSA1030 Appears under Devices and Interfaces and when I open a Test Panel NiMAX appears to be able to get basic info about the DSA1030 to display.

I guess the first question I have is can I use the VI's located in Instrument IO >> IVI Class Drivers >> Spec An to communicate with the DSA1030?  If so when I try to run IviSpecAn Initialize.vi (or any of the VI's in the window) I get the above mentioned ERROR message.  If not then what VI's can I use to communicate with the DSA1030?  I found an article on Rigol website that said another sub-menu should appear called rgdsa1k in the Instrument IO >> Instr Drivers but that hasn't happened yet either.
https://rigol.force.com/support/s/article/my-instrument-ivi-driver-does-not-appear-in-the-labview-to...

Any help or experience anyone can provide who has gotten LabVIEW to communicate with their Rigol DSA1030 RFSA would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(954 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tholman_ut

I got it figured out...
So once I realized that NI MAX was able to communicate with the DSA1030 I went into NI I/O Trace and watched how it was doing it. Once I saw that NI I/O Trace was simply sending SCPI Commands to the RFSA I was able to get my VIs running in a coupe of days.  For those who come across the same issue(s) as me I hope what I've written before and the attached code help you with getting everything working.  The VI's I wrote are pretty simple and I'd like to have spent more time with ERROR handling etc. but I have too much to do; plus the code works for what I need.  I hope this helps!

PS You may need to re-link some of the non-Rigol VI's (included in a separate sub-file) as I pulled them from my general code and are not written specifically for the DSA1030.

Message 2 of 2
(861 Views)