Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installed IVI Driver for Rigol DSA1030 RFSA, Still Not Working

Solved!
Go to solution

So I followed many links in the forums and have gotten this far but now I'm stuck.  I have an Rigol DSA1030 Spec An and I need to be able to Connect to it with LabVIEW so I can automate an RF Calibration Routine.  The problem is when I run any of the VI's I keep getting the ERROR

IviSpecAn Initialize With Options.vi<ERR>
Primary Error: (Hex 0xBFFA0011) Function or method not supported.

So let me start off by saying I followed the directions at:
https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000000x2fECAQ&l=en-US

I think I have the driver installed correctly, just today the Logical Name I gave to the IVI Driver appeared in the IVI Input allowing my VI's to even run. I can also say that in NiMAX the DSA1030 Appears under Devices and Interfaces and when I open a Test Panel NiMAX appears to be able to get basic info about the DSA1030 to display.

I guess the first question I have is can I use the VI's located in Instrument IO >> IVI Class Drivers >> Spec An to communicate with the DSA1030?  If so when I try to run IviSpecAn Initialize.vi (or any of the VI's in the window) I get the above mentioned ERROR message.  If not then what VI's can I use to communicate with the DSA1030?  I found an article on Rigol website that said another sub-menu should appear called rgdsa1k in the Instrument IO >> Instr Drivers but that hasn't happened yet either.
https://rigol.force.com/support/s/article/my-instrument-ivi-driver-does-not-appear-in-the-labview-to...

Any help or experience anyone can provide who has gotten LabVIEW to communicate with their Rigol DSA1030 RFSA would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(958 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tholman_ut

I got it figured out...
So once I realized that NI MAX was able to communicate with the DSA1030 I went into NI I/O Trace and watched how it was doing it. Once I saw that NI I/O Trace was simply sending SCPI Commands to the RFSA I was able to get my VIs running in a coupe of days.  For those who come across the same issue(s) as me I hope what I've written before and the attached code help you with getting everything working.  The VI's I wrote are pretty simple and I'd like to have spent more time with ERROR handling etc. but I have too much to do; plus the code works for what I need.  I hope this helps!

PS You may need to re-link some of the non-Rigol VI's (included in a separate sub-file) as I pulled them from my general code and are not written specifically for the DSA1030.

Message 2 of 2
(865 Views)