Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IVI questions with DMM and SWitch

I am trying to simulate an NI-4060 DMM and numerous SCXI-1129 cards using the IVI drivers in CVI.
Of preference I want to setup the simulation in MAX rather than programmatically in my application. I have numerous questions:

Is there a document that shows you how to setup MAX to simulate an IVI instrument??? Everything that I have read so far talks about the architecture, how wonderful IVI is what you can do etc, but NOT EXACTLY HOW you set-up MAX - one document briefly touched on this but with no detail whatsoever. There seems to be a lot of assumed knowledge in all the docs.

If I try and configure in MAX I can get the DMM working, but the exact same steps give an error for the switch cards in my application. An
y ideas?

How do I use Soft-panels from my application?

If I am programmatically using an InitWithOptions which seems to be the only way to get the Switch cards to simulate what is the expected syntax or options for the "DriverSetup" string????

I am using NI-DAQ 6.9.0f7 and IVI 1.61 with CVI 5.5 on NT 4.0
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,055 Views)
Ricardo,
There is a document on our web site on how to configure your IVI system in MAX and also how to simulate your hardware in LV and CVI using IVI drivers:
ni.com>>Resource Library>>Instrument Connectivity>>Instrument Driver IVI
or
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/devzone.nsf/webcategories/5FB594A1C20D93E3862569FD0071D18A?opendocument

This should point you in the right direction. I will continue to gather information and post what I find!
Best Regards,
Chris D
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,055 Views)