From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IVI drivers not shown in MAX

I open MAX to create a New Logical Name, but once I’ve created the Logical Name, no Drivers are available and the “Go To” buttom remains disaibled.  I tried the following to fix the issue, but no luck:

I’ve run a quite new software installation on a clean machine (PC, x86,32 Bits, WIN7) doing the following:

1. I’ve installed NIDAQmx 9.7.5 with its updates.
  2. I’ve downloaded and installed the NI IVI Compliance Package 4.6 - Windows 8/7/Vista/XP/Server 2008/Server 2003 R2 32-bit
  3. I’ve installed LabWindows CVI 2013… when installation proccess was almost done, I was asked to install NI Device Drivers, as I hadn’t them available I chose to install them later.
  4. I’ve installed Labwindows CVI 2013 available updates .
  5. Finally, i’ve installed NI Device Drivers.

PC was restarted after each step.

Am I missing something? What can be wrong?

PLEASE HELP!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,276 Views)
You don't mention the specific instrument driver that you installed.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,271 Views)

Hello Mulan,

Thanks for using NI forums! Seems that this could be a corrupt installation or some conflict with the IVI drivers version. What version of device drivers did you install? Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the device drivers? Here's the latest version (2014):

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-device-drivers-2014.02/4634/en/

** As a recommendation you should always leave any kind of driver installation (including the IVI Compliance package) at the end in order to avoid these type of issues.

** IVI Compliance package is already included with the Device Drivers disc.

Regards!

Luis CT
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,197 Views)