Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IVI Compliance Package Installation Issue

I'm trying to install IVI Compliance Package 4.5 so I can run my oscilloscope software. The two components of interest are IVI Shared Components 32 and 64 bits. When I try to modify them in the Features list of the installer, I get an error saying

"You may not set the 32-bit IVI Standard Root Directory to the 64 bit Program Files folder or any of its sub-directories
Reset path to previous value?"

The two options are Yes and No. "Yes" clears the error and lets me proceed with installation. "No" hides the error message, but it pops back up whenever I click anything in the installer. This happens no matter what directory I'm installing to.

When I get to the progress bar screen and install the programs, I get an error after 50% completion (presumably after 32 bit completes and 64 bit starts) that says

"The 64 bit IVI standard root directory cannot be equal to or a subdirectory of the 32-bit Program Files directory.

Continue?"

I get an error installing the product whether I click yes or no.

I've had the same error with compliance package 4.5 and 17 and I'm at my wits' end. Does anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,485 Views)

Hello ttshaw12:

Are you trying to add to the same directory?

Can you please share a screenshot of the error? 

In the installation wizard just let you select one directory? 

Is this the first time you try to install the IVI Compliance Package 4.5 (other versions too)? 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,374 Views)