From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISCO pump .dll on cRIO-9067 with NI 9870 card

Solved!
Go to solution

ISCO has supplied VIs and dll files for this pump, but I am concerned that these .dll files will not load on Linux based cRIO platform. 

I have found a few links regarding external code on RT targets, but I am still a little confused.  Some documents seem to indicate it is indeed impossible to run any .dll on a Linux based cRIO.  Only an .so file would work.  Is this true?

If so, what might my options be? 

Is it possible to "convert" a .dll to a .so file? 

Has anyone worked with an ISCO pump on a Linux RT platform?

Any info greatly appreciated!

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,292 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pallen

You are correct that it is not possible to run a .dll on a Linux based cRIO. If you had a cRIO running PharLap then it would work, but that is the only cRIO type that is compatible with .dll.

You can see that information on the following page.

Can I Use External Code on My Real-Time System?

Unfortunately, it is not possible to convert a .dll to a .so since it has already been compiled. You would have to have the source code and compile that into a .so.

I would suggest reaching out to ISCO and seeing if they would be willing to recompile the source code into a .so for you.

If anybody has firsthand experience with working with ISCO on a similar problem, feel free to chime in.

Casey G.
Message 2 of 3
(2,260 Views)

Thanks for your reply Casey,

The solution in this case wasn't so bad.  Only the CRC was being done in the .dll and I managed to track down a working LabVIEW implementation. 

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,256 Views)