Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IKA Eurostar control-visc mixer driver for Labview 8.2

Hi,

I've purchased a IKA Eurostar control-visc mixer and am trying to find a driver/ VI for it. Has anyone developed these for labview 8.2? or know where I might find one?

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(5,697 Views)
Hi Giuseppe,

I can not find any sort of driver for this specific instrument. You will need to use NI-VISA to write a serial application yourself. What I have found out is that you need to use "space \r space \n" as the termination character.

Regards
JamesC
NIUK and Ireland

Message 2 of 12
(5,686 Views)

"What I have found out is that you need to use "space \r space \n" as the termination character."

Well done, it's written at the manual. 😉

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(5,083 Views)

Giuseppe999--

Did you ever write a VI to control the IKA Eurostar lab mixer? I recently purchased one also and am interested in controlling it with LabView.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,857 Views)

Hi, yes I did in the end - it turned out to be very simple, we went on to build complete automated rigs with pumps, valves, mixers etc in labview (even a robot on another project). Drop me your email and if I can find it I'll get it across.

Message 5 of 12
(4,840 Views)

Hi,

I purchased an IKA Power control visc P1 but can't find a good VISA to control the device with LabView. Can you help me with that? Besides, what are all the numbers I should write in the VISA control panel parameters?

Thank you, gerard

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,590 Views)

Hi,

I purchased an IKA Power control visc P1 but can't find a good VISA to control the device with LabView. Can you help me with that? Besides, what are all the numbers I should write in the VISA control panel parameters?

Thank you, gerard

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,589 Views)

I'm also trying to interface with the IKA RET, and am having trouble communicating to the device. 

Where those of you that successfully connected to the IKA, did you use a standard serial cable or the proprietary cable made by IKA? 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,551 Views)

Hi!

I am really stuck and would need and greatly appriciate some help. I am also trying to connect my PC to the IKA Eurostar stirrer and I am having some problems. When trying to run my the VISA I get the message that the device is valid but can not be accessed. Have any of you had this problem and if so hoe have you solved it.

Does anyone have a VISA for this application. I really only want to be able to read the output signal.

regards /Suss

PS. The error message I get looks like this, if it is of any help.

Error -1073807246 occurred at Property Node (arg 1) in VISA Configure Serial Port (Instr).vi->stirrer.vi

Possible reason(s):

VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF0072) The resource is valid, but VISA cannot currently access it.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,508 Views)

Hi!!!

Sorry for my delay in replying. Unfortunately I didnt find any VI that worked for the stirrer. As i had to programm other things I just put the programming of the control-visc P1 from IKA on one side. Did you fix this problem? Do you have any VI that really works? I only need to change the rpm...

Thanks, gerard

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,504 Views)