From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C & Analog signal module

Hello everyone,

I want to have an I2C module plus Analog/Digital Modul, connected to PC,

I found the USB famous USB-8451, and other A/D modules

But I was wondering if there is a better solution, where I can put both for example in one place,

I found the CompactDAQ, but I didn't find any I2C module can be connected to it,

Is there is a similiar cheap solution (not PXI RT for example)

There is no RealTime restrictions, only simple I2C and analog read/write operations with labview

Thank you in advance,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,604 Views)

Hi

A cheap but slower and less resolution could be an arduino chip.

You have to program the arduino but that is not very difficult depending on your knowledge.

It has analog in on board and a kind of analog out via pwm. 

The digital IO can be used for I2C. libs are available.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,599 Views)

Thanks Albert, If you mean "Linx", i think the problem its not meant for commercial use, only for personal, and i intend to use it commercially,

Actually it would be perfect solution for me, using a pi or arduino, but I cant use labview runtime engine with them commercially 😞

Greetings from Switzerland 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,591 Views)

Hi

I used the arduino development and had a serial link to labview with a simple devicedriver. So without linx.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,585 Views)

thanks 🙂

But this has I2C library or you implement it all by yoursef,

is there is a manual guide, or tutorial on how it works, or

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,581 Views)

I'll have to check.

The analog in is standard and I report kater on i2c.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,578 Views)

Update to any wondering ppl:

I think Linx never meant to really work, it was only for Advertisement but not practical solution,

Its extremely limited in so many ways, with no professional support, and the forum not real,, 

May be its good for a hobby but definitely not for companies, as I believe this what NI wanted...

However, The fastest and easiest solution I found, just a raspberry/Orange pi with couple of threads having some I2C libraries,

And a TCP/IP Client/Labview sending/receiving commands, as I2C not that real-time demanding anyway,

a pi will be more than enough 🙂

Which has also some Analog I/O's

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,550 Views)

Hi

I don't agree that linx is just commercial, but indeed not for making money.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,547 Views)

Maybe you right, 

But for me, it has no support, its limited to LV2014, and only works with special os on the older pi, 

its not meant for continual, the forum of linx almost deserted since long time, no one answering anything...

S, its not practical at all for continual projects ...

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,546 Views)