From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to communicate to a Rosemount 1151 transmitter using the Hart protocol with serial port

I have a serial port link that we use with Pro-Link software to configure Micro-Motion flow meters. Is it possible to utilize this connection with the Rosemount transmitter and configure the device?

Thanks for any help you may provide.

Randall

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,000 Views)

Hello,

Can you give me further information on your application?  What kind of Pro-link software do you have?  What type of Micro-Motion flowmeters?  Are you trying to use the 

HART Communicator 275?  What type of National Instruments products do you have, if any?

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,979 Views)

LabVIEW version 4.0 - 8.6 but this application would best be LV 7.x for now. I have a VIATOR RS232 interface for HART from MACTek Corporation. We use this interface with Micromotion's ProLinkII software to configure and calibrate the F series Micromotion flow meters.

I basically want to utilize the HART interface to scale and configure the ROSEMOUNT transmitter. I do not have the HART Communicator 275. I will not be using this for acquisition but rather read the mA sig with the SCXI equipment on a 1102 module.

Thanks for responding.

Randall

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,970 Views)

Randall,

I've read through the documentation for all the devices mentioned, and I see no problem with using the Pro-Link software to configure the Rosemount 1151 transmitter. Both deices use the HART protocol. However, I see that in the Pro-Link manual, they have a Viator RS-232 converter cable that you might need. The Viator RS-232 to Bell 202 HART Converter with the tester and the cables. I do not know if this is absolutely required, but it wouldn't hurt to check. 

I hope this helps

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,943 Views)