Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help setting up GPIB with Hitachi F-4500 spectro fluorometer

Hello

I recently purchased a used Hitachi F-4500 spectro fluorometer and installed the necessary GPIB drivers on my windows 11 PC and made all changes in order to communicate with the device.

But the application (FL solution) freezes when I start it.

I recorded the instruction flow (see attachment) and notice that the last instruction is IBWAIT(GPIB0,0x1000). What could cause this problem?

Any help is appreciated.

Best regards

Juergen

Message 1 of 3
(605 Views)

Have you reached out to the manufacturer for help/support?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(565 Views)

Hello Juergen!

One of the old PCs (Windows 2000) to which our F-4500 was connected via GPIB broke down recently (Institute of Biophysics, JKU Linz). I have been trying to get it going again on another old PC (Windows XP). Yet, after several attempts (also drawing inspiration from your other posts in this forum) I have ended up with the very same sequence of commands (using NI Spy) that you show when using the Hitachi Software to search for the instrument. To that effect, I was wondering whether you could resolve the issue back then, and if yes, if you could hint towards a possible solution for us.

Thank you kindly and best regards!

(also) Juergen

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(186 Views)