Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am looking for the correct drivers for a 180810-01 board. I have no drivers or documentation and the HD crashed.

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a 180810-01 GPIB board that was part of a proprietary system that we inherited. The HD crashed and I can not find any documentation or drivers for this board. None of the diagrams in the documentation I have found matches the physical layout of the board. I can get it to communicate with a Keithley 196 DMM but it seems to be slow. I can communicate with a Phillips Timer/Counter using IBIC. However, when trying to communicate with the T/C in real time, the computer never gets an answer from the T/C and the system hangs. What would be the correct driver and where can I get a description of the hardware settings?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,426 Views)

If that is a GPIB-PCII or IIA, then the DOS and Win3.x drivers can be found near the bottom of this page:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5326

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,417 Views)

I have tried a couple of the DOS drivers with no good results. Are the original drivers available for this card? If so, where can I obtain them? If not, which of the DOS drivers available is supposed to work? Any idea where I can obtain the manual that would show the settings for the jumpers and switches? Everything I have looked at on NI's page has been similar in some manner, but not the same as this card.

Also, I had this card in a 400MHz computer and it would not communicate. The DMM was attempting to talk, but the computer wasn't getting the message. When I put it in a 40MHz machine, the DMM communicates but relatively slowly.

If I had more hair left, I would be pulling it out by now!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,408 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sparkman2

I was able to solve my own problem. I found an old computer that had drivers and ibconf from 1984. After changing the TI clock module,  I copied the files to the other computer and my communications issue is no more. Thanks for the feedback!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,399 Views)

Hello,

I have also a 180810-01 GPIB board, and have problem with DOS drivers. Sparkman2, can you send my yours drivers?

Kind regards

Andrew 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,393 Views)