From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use "Next" button to control prgram steps?

Hi all,

I'm a beginner in Labview programming and I need some help on creating this interface control.

Attached is the program and a jpeg of the frontpanel.

I would like to use the "next" button to control the next sequence of entring the parameters(ie fm/am, Mhz,dBm etc.) and aquisition of SINAD.

This means that only when the user presses "next" then the next frequency parameters will be entered and SINAD measured.

I hope someone out there understands what I mean and would be able to help me on this. I cant seem to get the attachments to work together with this post.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,294 Views)

Please, please, please read this: Application Design Patterns: State Machines

and stop relying on sequence structures so much.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,290 Views)

Thanks for the quick response, but I need each frequency with its other settings to flow in a specific order with just the "next" button to control when the user wants to change to the next frequency step. Is state machine still able to achieve these results?

I know my program is too simple thats because i'm really a beginner who just started learning labview using a guidebook.

Really appreciate all your help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,280 Views)

Hi, I manage to utilise the use of state machines already, however, it does not solve my problem of using one same "next" button to switch to the next state. I tried using local varables but it is not allowed in the event structure, are there any other alternatives?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,264 Views)

You must not have implemented it correctly. Please post your latest code.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,258 Views)