Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use my LabVIEW 2012 to run the LeCroy Waverunner 610Zi?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

I am a fresh starter on this topic. I have LabVIEW 2012 version and a LeCroy WaveRunner 610Zi scope. How can I use LabVIEW to control the scope?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,352 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sqrtT

Hello sqrtT,

I believe you and I just had a phone conversation regarding this and you are all set!

Let me know if I am mistaken and I will provide instructions for you.

Cheers,

Leonard Brown

Applications Engineer

Teledyne LeCroy

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,340 Views)

Hello Leonard,

That  was me. Thanks.

Regards,

TT

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,334 Views)

I have the same question ! However I am trying to use LabVIEW to run my Waverunner 640Zi . PLEASE HELP ! 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,915 Views)

Hi zachw6.  The first thing to do is install the driver.  A list of Waverunner drivers can be found on our website here:

http://search.ni.com/nisearch/app/main/p/bot/no/ap/tech/lang/en/pg/1/sn/ssnav:idr/q/Waverunner/

However, I don't see one for the the 640Zi.  A quick search of the Waverunner website produces the same result.  You can try contacting Waverunner to see if another driver (perhaps the 610Zi) will work with the 640Zi.  

You could also create your own driver.  Here are a couple resources for that:

Creating Visa Drivers

Instrument Driver Development Resources for NI-VISA Drivers

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,894 Views)

Jeff, 

I noticed as well that there is not a specific driver for the 640Zi. It appears that there is a singe driver for many of the lecroy scopes (it is called lecroy 3.2.9). I downloaded the driver. LabVIEW SignalExpress recognizes my usb connection for the scope, which appears when I attempt to acquire a signal. I am having difficulties initializing, and using the autosetp feature in order to obtain my actual waveform that is on my scope. 

Zachw6. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,891 Views)

Also, I attemped to use NI-VISA Driver Wizard and it says, " This device is a member of the USB Test and Measurement Class USBTMC. NI-VISA can already detect and control it. Do not use this wizard to create an INF file. "

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,890 Views)
No, do not use the wizard. That is just bad advice.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,888 Views)

I am trying to set up my waverunner oscilloscope with LabVIEW SignalExpress for data aquisition. 

Steps I have taken thus far:

1. Pulse generator hooked to scope for signal generation

2. USB from scope to Computer with LabView installed

3. Downloaded lecroyscope driver 3.2.9-x64

I turn the scope on, and plug in the USB to the computer and SignalExpress starts up. 

a. start using data aquisition

b. add step/aquire signal/ IVI aquire/ IVI scope aquire

c. create new IVI session .. resource descriptor (I choose my USB device "USB0::0x05FF::0x1023::2812N61507::INSTR"), I select the correct driver (lcscope), and I don't click enable simulation data, hit ok
d. I keep getting configuration errors

e. Did research.. some forum said to goto MAX, find drivers and unclick Cache and Interchange Check

f. Trying to initialize ... still get config errors. 

g. Back to MAX .. change simulate with specific driver. 

h. Initialization works... NO errors, BUT no data is being aquired. 

PLEASE HELP ! 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,883 Views)