From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use instrument's status byte register to control the instrument using a PC?

Hi all, I'm new to programming a VI to control my instrument through a PC. I would like to ask how the instrument's status byte register could be interpreted, and hence make use of it in my VI. The following attachment is the status byte diagram provided by the instrument's manufacturer. I'm not quite sure how I can make use of this diagram to detect errors read by DSE? (such as the invalid settings read by INV? and the fail judgement read by FAIL?)

Would really appreciate if anyone can give me a detailed explanation on this topic, or if possible, provide me with an example on how this diagram can be used in a VI. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(728 Views)

You should review this article, then read the instrument manual to see how they implemented their status register model.

https://www.ni.com/en-ca/support/documentation/supplemental/06/using-instrument-status-registers-and...

Hope that helps.

Craig

Message 2 of 2
(691 Views)