Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send commands to a Stepdos 03 RC

Solved!
Go to solution
Hello,
I am trying to command a STEPDOS 03 RC diaphragm pump using LabVIEW and an RS-232 that's converted to USB connection, but am having no luck so far. The pump comes with software to control it remotely, but I want to control it with LabVIEW, if possible. The connection worked with the suppliers software so the parameters like baudrate and so on are correct. I've attached the following suppliers documents: the communication protocol, communication development . I've also attached a printscreen of the communication test with the suppliers software. At the moment I have no idea how I have to proceed.

Thanks for helping me. 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(4,767 Views)

Can you attach your VI?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(4,760 Views)

I haven't written a VI yet, I'm first trying to communicate with it trough NI-MAX. But that doesn't work

kind regards Dennis

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(4,757 Views)

are you using a null modem or straight-through cable?

which one is the right one to use?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(4,751 Views)

Since you have not attached what you are actually sending in MAX, it is impossible to say whether you are sending the correct data. It requires a bit of work to send the hex commands in MAX.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,741 Views)

The right side is from the actual suppliers program. The left side is NI-MAX. I coppied the exact command that was send by the suppliers software.

?SI is the commmand to aqcuire the pump adress, in this case it is 00. I haven't got any luck with the supplier to acquire a labview driver.

thanks for helping. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,704 Views)

here is a quick try:

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,694 Views)

Of course, you can try and ask the manufacturer if they already have a LabVIEW driver.. 😉

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(4,692 Views)

I have LV 10.0 your version is to recent but thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(4,685 Views)

and the supplier doesn't have a LV driver.

Greetings from Belgium Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(4,684 Views)